Moving your Small or Medium business VMs to the cloud can help you escape capital-intensive refresh cycles. With on-premises discovery and analysis tools, you can understand the cost benefit of moving to the cloud.
Once you're ready, we've got the tools and processes to help you migrate using the lift and shift strategy
What is VM Migration Lift and Shift?
Replicate environment as is (or with some improvement ) from co-location or other cloud vendors to Google Cloud.
Benefits of Google Cloud :
- Flexible cost effective compute options
- Customized VMs to enable cost effectiveness
- Superior network performance
- Latest Intel and AMD processors
- Data Center Location around the world
- Support for Windows and Linux Operating systems
Benefits of Cloudypedia Services :
- Google Cloud Infrastructure Specialized partner
- End to end migration service including white glove service
- Migrate from anything* or host to Google Cloud
- Experts at migration tools such as Velostarata and Sureline
- Team of Certified Google Cloud Engineers and Architects
VM Migration Project Process
Project starts with Discovery of your current environment. Can be done in 2 ways:
- Manual process : We fill in a discovery with the current environment details such as VMs Sizes, Operating Systems and so on
- Automated Process: Using tools to do environment discovery such as CloudPhyscis . Useful for 10+ servers discovery. Also shows an accurate cost comparison for the servers on GCP and other cloud providers
Kick-off your new Google Cloud Platform project with a focus on your foundation architecture, technical design, long term operations and migration planning for your workloads.
Step 1: Technical infrastructure and Operation Kick-off (Workshop) :
- Prepare and plan the needed configuration such as Security, Networking, Systems monitoring
Step 2: Technical and Application Design document:
- Cloudypedia will provide a technical design document based on the infrastructure and Operation workshop for review
Step 3: Build the Enterprise Foundation:
- Implementation of the Google Cloud Platform Project including users access, security , Billing, Networking, systems monitoring and others
Once the VMs discovery and Foundation for GCP project is setup actual data and VMs migration kicks off:
- Utilizing Sureline ot Velostrata for the migration process
- Update networking and other related conflagration on the go
Below video is a walk though Migration part for SMB followed by story from Healthcare Provider Forefront Telecare: